Saturday, January 26, 2013

Wicca 101: Imbolic

Here is my 2nd blog of the night.... so, here it goes.

Tonight, I also want to talk about Imbolic.  It is the 3rd Sabbat, or Pagan Holiday, in the Pagan calendar (First Samhain, then Yule).  Imbolic occurs around Groundhog's Day in the North America (February 1st-3rd). 

Imbolic is a time of warmth and love.  I guess you could say that Imbolic can be considered a "Wiccan Valentine's Day" due to what it is about.  It also is about passion, and anyone knows that anything that has passion has a fire to it.  That's exactly what it is: Worship of the fire deities.  The most popular one is Brigid, the Celtic Goddess of fire.  However, there are a lot more.  On Imbolic, I will be worshiping Hestia, the Greek Goddess of fire.  She is also the Goddess of one of my elements.  

I have also known Imbolic to help others with divination.  It is a good way to enhance your spiritual energies.  Because of this, I would say that tarot reading, any fortune-telling activities, meditating, and other things to that nature is beneficial.  

Some ways to celebrate this holiday is to either work with divination, bake and cook (seeing as though you bake and cook with a fire), or going to a bonfire.  

I rarely talk about stones and gems, but amythist can help with one's spiritual energies and divination.  Rose quartz also helps with being calm and attracting romance, and I would probably recommend it to you guys.  

This Imbolic is special to me.  Since I am not quite out of the broom closet, I am going to a Church event.  On the day of Imbolic, they decided to have a "fireside chat."  That means it will be more like a bonfire situation.  They have no idea that they are celebrating Imbolic, and it's phenomenal.  I can also practice with fire scrying.  It is one of my favorite types of divination, and my friends enjoy scrying with me, too.  I will also wear my gem bracelet.  It has amythist and rose quartz in the mix, and it'll help better my mood.

Wishing you all a blessed Imbolic,
Dawn )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment