Sunday, February 24, 2013

Current Reads

Hey guys! I apologize for not blogging at all/rarely last month, but I have had a lot of things going on with me. I am aware that I have been having panic attacks, and it is suspected to be stemming from an anxiety disorder, so please send a little healing energy my way.

Today, I wanted to share my love of books. This is pretty different from what I usually do, but I have found this excellent book that I have picked up. I'm about halfway done with it, and I got it about 3 days ago. It's a fairly light read, and it's packed with information on Wicca. It is titled Exploring Wicca by Lady Sabrina. It is the updated edition, and I absolutely adore this book.

This book is beyond perfect for a person who has just started classified themselves as Wiccan. It goes over all of the basic things that one would be expected to know after the first and second years of being in this religion. It goes over a history of Wicca, the different traditions of Wicca (some of which I had never heard of until now), and many, many concepts.

It explains the different types of gods such as Sun Gods, The Horned Gods, and The Harvest Gods. It gives a brief history of them and some examples from the Norse, Greek, Roman, and Celtic pantheon. It does the same with the Goddesses (Moon Goddesses, The Triple Goddess), and it actually helped me find which God and Goddess I can consider my patron deities. (In case you do not follow me on Twitter, I have recently changed from the 

This book also has a detailed description of the elements, and what they represent. This book, in a way, help me find that my element is actually air. I believed it was fire or water, but given the meaning in the book, I can clearly see that I am of the element air (natural leader, and the intelligence behind the event). They list herbs, the archangels, the stones, the colors, and so much more representing these elements. They also explain how certain herbs can promote certain actions, and I thought that was really neat.

I flipped through the book, and this tells you about alter setups, the history and meaning behind the Sabbats, how to go about casting a circle and magickal spells, and it even has a glossary. You can look up specific terms, and that may be helpful for starters in Wicca.

I give this book a 5 star rating. The only that caught my attention and bugged me is that I saw a couple of love spells in the book. As much as love spells are popular, I have no problem with them... IF THEY DO NOT TARGET A SINGLE PERSON. I don't believe in manipulating one's free will, but... I'll be perfectly honest, I have done a spell having to do with love. It was not aimed at a specific person, but it was more-so a "let me find love, and let me experience it with whoever the universe feels like pairing me up with" spell. The book does have a spell that does say [insert name here] in one love spell, and I didn't care for that. (Once again, I was just scanning ahead and found that.) 

Other than that, the book does contain spells that I can actually conduct with what I have on my hidden alter: a pink candle, a green candle, incense....

I can't say it enough, I love this book. I want you guys to check it out and tell me what you guys think of it. I also have to wait for the library to get the other books I have on reserve. One is a Scott Cunningham book, and another one is a huuuge book on Wicca and Witchcraft. I'll let you guys know about those ones too and what I thought of them.

Brightest blessings and much love,
Dawn )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment