Sunday, January 6, 2013

I Am Offended...!

Hello again, guys! It's me, Dawn, and I want to tell you guys about something that is making me angry at church. (Yes, in case you didn't notice, I am still in the broom closet, but I'm becoming more bold and may tell others about my actual religion.)

So, the minister is doing a series about the main questions people don't have answered, and that is why they aren't Christians (to his logic, that is).  I thought it was a brilliant idea at first, but he is doing things that are very controversial to not only the church, but Pagans as well.  

I have never heard the word "Pagan" so much when a minister is preaching.  It seems as though he brings it up every single Sunday, and so many people are confused as to why.  Are you trying to tell the church that Pagans are bad, or are you trying to drive them away from the Christian God to...  I don't know, Gaia and Zeus?  If you drill the word in their head, they're going to get a little curious.  After all, that's what happened to me. Oh, and here's the best part.

 According to him, there are Roman Pagan documents that state that Jesus was alive. Does it, like, matter where the documents are from?  I mean, they're from Rome, alright.  But did you have to include the word Pagan? 

This minister also downsized the Pantheon that I associate with, the Greek Pantheon.  It stung when he looked at me when he said the insult, about how it is "mythology" and "false deities."  Let me put it this way: I am a Wiccan and a Pagan inside of a church.  I respect the Bible.  As a matter of fact, I'm going to highlight some teachings that I can apply to my Pagan life from there.  I don't downsize the Christian God.  To be perfectly honest, church saved my life.  In order to preach your opinion to a bunch of people that aren't a Christian and not knowing what background they're from, you must have a certain compassion.  You can't just talk lowly of the Greek Pantheon.  What if there was a Pagan wanting to convert to Christianity and you offended them because they used to work with the Greek Pantheon?

He also insulted some of my views on Jesus.  I know that he was a Rabbi (for those that don't know what a Rabbi is, it is a religious leader for Judaism) and spoke wise things, and I like his teachings, but I am a Wiccan.  I'm not denying that he isn't the son of the Christian God, but... I'm not worshiping him, at least for this moment in time. But the minister says that if I believe that, I'm denying him and his existence. 

Let me just throw a little something out there... If you worship a person, that can be considered Paganism, correct?  So why does the minister focus more on Jesus?  If he says that Jesus is God, he's denying Paganism in a way. It's the exact same thing that's frustrating me.

I have respect for the Christian religion because it is where I stemmed from regarding my spirituality, but this minister is getting on my nerves. Here's some points that a Pagan can pick out and argue on.  Excuse me if I was venting way too much, but I can't tell the minister about how offended I am.  Otherwise, everyone will start talking and... I get shunned from all of my friends and family. Hopefully you guys understand that.

Thanks for dealing with this.

May positive energies flow your way,
Dawn )O(


No comments:

Post a Comment