Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Huge Steps

Hello, again, guys! I'm Dawn, and today, I'd like to share with you what actually happened yesterday.  I talked about it briefly on Twitter, and seeing as there's only about 140 characters, I couldn't explain on what I was saying and what had fully happened, so I'd thought I blog about it.

Yesterday, I had met not only another Pagan, but I had met a Wiccan.  It started when we were talking about religion, and he claimed he was a witch.  He prefers the title to be called "Mage," so I asked him if he meant real life or Skyrim (because that was quite a bizzare statement).  He said both.  

At this point, I was really interested in the conversation.  He told me about a couple of spells that he had cast...  He had cast a couple for revenge, which I'm mostly against.  I wouldn't cast one in order to put a family member in the hospital, which is what he did to his sister, but if it was to teach another person humility, then MAYBE.  (Let's just say the other involved extensions falling out. Yes, I laughed my butt off.)  So, he's more into... a darker side of Wicca, you could say.  

He explained to a friend that was sitting with us that Wicca is all about manipulating energies and that is how spells work.  He actually volunteered to help her learn more about Wicca and its beliefs.  He also stated he works with candle magick, and I was happy that I wasn't the only one.  After he said this, I stated that I knew a lot about Wicca and asked him how long he's been a Wiccan.  He is on his 7th month, 5 months after I became a Pagan.

The conversation had died out, and he left to check out a devotional book from the library.  I then took a deep breath and said I researched Wicca for a year, and that I am Wiccan.  She is quite accepting, and now she has 2 friends that are Wiccan.  She has yet to get used to the fact that I don't believe in the Christian God and that I believe in Apollo and Hecate and other deities of this nature.  As a matter of fact, she loves religion and is kind of wondering if she wants to minor in Theology like I might do.

So, that's yesterday in a nutshell. I am so glad I was able to find another Wiccan, and I am starting to get out of the broom closet. 

To all of you who are still in the broom closet, I suggest that you tell your best friend about being a Pagan first. They are usually the ones to understand you a lot more.

Much love and blessings,
Dawn )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment