Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christian Friends With Wiccan Aspects!

Hey, guys! It's me, Dawn, coming at you with another entry. First off, I wish you guys a prosperous New Year and I send you all positive energies~!

I was just thinking (yes, I know that this is how I start out every other blog, but I do think a lot) about all of my friends.  I was wondering why I got along with them so well, and a new friend had brought it to my attention when she said something about aromatherapy. 

I realized that most of my friends, whom ARE Christians, have some sort of Pagan beliefs. They don't designate that they are Pagan, but they do share some belief in some Wiccan ways. This shocked me a little, but it makes sense that I believe a little in what they believe in, and they believe a little in what I believe in. So, there are about 4 friends that I'll describe, and you'll see what I mean. Of course, aliases are in order, so, I'll make them up as I go along.

I'll start with the newest friend I made. I'm going to call her Cynthia. I've hung out with her as we rang in the new year together. Cynthia has had such a troubled past, but she's overcoming it as we speak. She's so strong-willed and loves to have many adventures. As stated, she believes in aromatherapy, as do I.  One odd thing I've noticed about her is she believes that everyone has a Lilith side to them. At first, I thought about that name. I had thought I heard it from the Greek Pantheon, and I was right. Overall, I haven't really sat down to talk to her about any spiritual things, but she absolutely loves it when I do some divination.

The second friend will be called Willow. She expresses herself a lot. She's a talented actress and singer, but also acts as one of the guys.  She has read the House of Night series, so, she's pretty much familiar with Nyx, the Goddess of Night, casting a circle, and other things deemed Pagan in the book. She's pretty satisfied that there's a Goddess in the story and that the elements are active in them. What she doesn't know is that she loves elemental magic. Willow has also believed in some paranormal things.

So, I am going to talk about my 2 best friends right now. Excuse me if I get way off topic because one of them is like my sister, and the other...

Let's call that friend Aiden. I will not lie, he is the complete and utter love of my life best guy friend any girl can ask for. He's beyond nerdy and is more into Medieval fantasy. That means, he believes in elven races, faeries, magick, and what have you. He is quite the religious person. If he was Pagan, we would probably form a coven together with him as High Priest and myself as the High Priestess. ANYWAYS, since he believes in magick, he can write his own spells. It's more-so for our LARP (Live Action Role Play) sessions, but nevertheless, he does write them.  AIden's also the one who got me into doodling elves and believing in Celtic aspects such as different types of faeries (again). 

And the last friend. The one that is most controversial.

Let me call her Raven. She actually helped me come up with part of my magickal name, and that's why Raven is in it. I talked about her numerous times...

Anyways, Raven is a huge believer in divination. She introduced me to a type of it, and sometimes I use it to locate a lost/misplaced item. She also has influenced me to attempt to make a wand, as she has one herself. Raven also ended up having paranormal things going on around her house. She has to leave a window open so that the spirit won't bother her. Raven's also had tried Lucid Dreaming... On top of this, she wants her tarot read. She shows a lot of potential for a Wiccan one day. The only thing that is holding her back is the fact that her father and grandfather are leaders of the church.  They wouldn't approve of a Christo-Witch/Wiccan in the family, or even in the church. The last Christo-Witch that was in the church had been forced to leave, and that is why I can't talk about my actual religion. I wonder if I should secretly teach her about Wicca, read her tarot in her own house with a Youth minister involved, etc. Either way, I'm walking on a very fine line here (these people consider me to be one of the "most Christian-like" in the church when I absolutely am not).

I mean, all of these don't define a friend, but these are kind of interesting friends I have here. It's funny how some morals we believe in can belong to another religion. Just thought that I'd share. 

Many blessings,
Dawn )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment