Thursday, January 17, 2013

Wicca 101: Appreciating Nature

Hello, again! I haven't blogged in forever, or at least, that's what it feels like.  Today, I want others to take a breather and think about what you've been doing with nature, and how exactly you treat it.  

Pause for a second.  When you are a Pagan, especially Wiccan, you notice that you don't go to a certain building for a worship session.  Nature is your temple.  You go out there and you admire its beauty. To be perfectly honest, that is why I go to camp, regardless of its religious teachings.  There are so many subtle ways to go into nature and bond with it.  I believe that's why I connect with the element earth a lot.

First of all, when you search for a wood to make a wand, don't you ever snatch a branch off on the tree.  Look and see if there is a detached branch. Trust me... I learned the hard way. Another thing you can do is that if the tree shades you from the sun, give it an offering, like water.  I remember doing it to this magnificent pine tree and I felt as though the tree actually said thanks. 

Meditation in the afternoon is calming, and you can focus on the beauty of nature.  You don't do it by using your vision, but by touch and listening. It is amazing.  I've done it for 5 days, 15 minutes each day.  You don't even have to close your eyes.  Just sit and write or draw.  It's amazing.  

You don't have to be in the sunshine in order to appreciate nature.  Sometimes, I like to sit out in the rain, or just watch it.

Either way, these things and more can be taken into consideration. 

Just a little thought and lesson for you. 

Dawn )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment