Thursday, December 27, 2012

Starting to Step out of the Broom Closet

Hey, guys! It's me again.

So, today, I wanted to talk about getting the courage to step out of the closet.  It's extremely hard to do, especially when most of your friends happen to be another religion, especially Christian.  Nevertheless, I have gotten a little more bold with my religion, Wicca.  Yesterday, I took some steps out of the Broom Closet.

Something that I was bold enough to do was explore into a bookstore.  As though it doesn't sound all that exciting, I dashed for the "New Age" section. Alright, that's somewhat bold, right? What's even more bold is picking up the last tarot deck and asking my cousin that is agnostic but leaning toward Christianity if I should buy it.  And let's face it, when you live with Christians who disapprove of any sort of divination, I admit, it's bold.  Especially when you do a reading and have to find a hiding spot for your precious cards. This is nothing like buying candles and incense, now is it? 

Another thing I did was to change my religion on Facebook from Christianity to Wicca.  The only thing is I have to hide it. Why?  It's because... Well... A couple of ministers are my friend on Facebook, and it'd look funny to delete my best friend's dad, mom, and grandfather. (In case you couldn't tell, they have a strong faith in Christianity.) So, only I can see my religion, and no one would flip.

Oh, and my best friend who lives in this religious family seems to feel the need to discover a new religion.  She's only 14, but I can see she loves to dowse and has a wand.  I suppose that sooner or later, she'll discover Wicca and love it.  Anyways, this gives me the idea to give her a reading with my tarot cards. She's been wanting one, but... I don't know if it is possible to do one in her house....

Anyways, there's some things that I've done.  The next step might be to order a Book of Shadows online from Amazon or eBay. Although, my family will have no idea what thoughts I'll keep in it.  And after school kicks in after break, I'll tell my 2 closest friends that I am Wiccan. It'll be some sort of a relief and a great support system.  Then, they'll ask me exactly what it is and I can thoroughly explain to them what it's about.

That's my plan for 2013: to be more open about my religion and spirituality.

Wishing you love, happiness, and joy,
Dawn )O( 

No comments:

Post a Comment