Monday, November 26, 2012

Wicca 101: The Deities

Hey, guys! Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while. My grandfather had transitioned on into another realm, and planning a funeral with my family and all has been hard work!

So, today, I will briefly talk about the deities, also known as the God and Goddess.  Yes, a duotheistic perspective. Actually...

This would depend on the Wiccan/Pagan. Some believe in 1 God or 1 Goddess. Most believe in one of each. Some, like I, am polytheistic and worship many. You don't have to use Greek or Roman Mythology. Many use other cultural Deities, like Indian, Asian, Norse, etc.

Some, like I, worship different aspects of the God and Goddess. I work with Hestia, Apollo, Hecate, and Artemis the most. I can connect to them.  If you can connect to them, then they might be a good fit for a deity.  For example, I absolutely love to express myself, and Apollo is the God of Music, Lyrics, and Writing in general. It is easy for me to worship him, and that is why I connect with him so well.

Honestly, if you were to search this path on finding a deity, you would need to search yourself. It may not happen overnight. My first Goddess was Aphrodite, and I couldn't seem to bond with Her. Here I am, about... 3 months later, and find that a mix of Goddesses suit me.

Again, everyone is different, and everything will fall in its place when it is intended to.

So, yeah, that's the brief synopsis of the deities in the religion of Wicca.

Blessed be! )O(
-Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment